Sunday, August 27, 2006

What a great week end of bike racing. The Crit worked out real well for Kevin and me, and I didn't think it could geat much better. But 7 of us Bike Tech Racers showed up at The State TT Championships. I think all of us had PR's for the distance and, of course, for the event. Chris Congdon came within seconds of one of his all time goals of 60 minutes for the 40K race against the clock. Bryron Stowe loves the TT and enjoyed a very good first attempt at the event. Time Boller and Landon Beachy were very solid with their times of 1:04-5 MIke Johnson met his goal of finishing under 2 hours, alive and on his bike. Mike's comeback is in high gear and is showing good results. Kevin Temple, was glad to be a junior today. He had raced twice at the St. Crit yesterday and was happy to race the 20K junior event. Kevin won a gold medal. I was good for the gold in the old men's - we're not quite dead, yet cat. - with a time of 58:51
The team earned some good Team Of the Year points this weekend.
I don't have specific times or places for any of the guys. Results well be posted later or they can make their own coments or corrections.
I got some good pictures, but I haven't figured out how to post them - as in Jeff or Mike haven't told me. And Damn, I wish I had spell check.
John

4 comments:

  1. Craig - This would have been a perfect event for you. Maybe next year you can take on this great 40K course.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, team. Wish I could've made it, but I had family obligations. Hope to see you all Wednesday at the TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James - Come on out! This is going to be the start of a great 2007 for you.
    John

    ReplyDelete