Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ingawanis ITT and Mtn Bike Race

Saturday, May 3rd was the 8K Run and the ITT up at the Ingawanis Boy Scout Camp.
They had the 8k run first. I haven't taken very many running pictures. Only when the Sturgis Run goes past my house. (I will be on the same corner again, if asked.)

Leading the way down Wagner Road is Carey.
She makes riding into that 30 mph headwind look easy. I thought she was headed to the same place as me...but I guess not.Time Trial 4.77 miles. About 30 min. per lap.
I found my way over to the Rock Garden and watched the riders pick their way though.

Sunday, May 4th was the Mountain Bike Race. The trails were in great shape. Hats off to Casey and Jeremy and crew who put in the mega hours planning the route, (3 times because of rains) and the crew and their muscle power on several days of trail work.
Riding her first mountain bike race is Kat.


Chris screams downhill toward the kidney puncher.
Paul leads the way.
Reminds me of cross racing. Way to go John on the run-up.
You need allot of power to get up that hill.


Thanks to Doughy Joeys for the great pizza and pasta.

Looking over Casey and Bill's shoulder is Paul who is
making sure that everything is checking out okay. Steve, once again, up to the winners table.

Good job Bike Tech. I enjoyed watching all of you race and really appreciate your efforts after my little bit of riding around. Thanks to Doughy Joeys for the great pizza and pasta.
Get out and take some pictures,
-Kim

There will be more of my pictures posted on the Ingawanis site soon. You can also check out my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Kat and Kim - Such nice pictures. And what an excellent time we had at the Scout Camp race. The tremendous work that Casey Dean and his crew put in to this event is overwhelming. Mt. Biking racing couldn't be any better.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! it was an awesome weekend! glad to spend time with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures as always and great job by all - racers, volunteers, sponsors, and directors.

    Get a load of all those white legs

    K

    ReplyDelete