Friday, September 17, 2010

Everyday & Pre-event nutrition

I know several of you had a pretty intense weekend in WI last week, and still others are gearing up for the transition to cross season.

Me?  I'm rehabbin' a knee after surgery #6.  No bike for 5 more weeks, and while I watch my legs shrivel and my resting heart rate climb like a coked up Pantani, the one thing I have been able to do is become much more careful with my diet.

I've been reading up on it quite a bit and have been working with my surgeon with what to eat to not only aid the healing process, but have my body ready to work again when the time comes.  If you've been on the fence about "worrying" about what you put in the tank (like I have), this article VeloNews makes a good and informative read.

http://tinyurl.com/chow-for-training

No comments:

Post a Comment