Monday, August 3, 2015

How it began and more


BIKE TECH RACING’S TRIP TO COLUMBINE
AND BACK
Along time ago Troy M, Rob H, Josh S an Jeff S came back from racing the Leadville Trail 100 Mt Bike Race with epic tales of adventure, endurance and good times. I was thrilled and hooked hearing the first story.
The race was conceived by a fast talking, out of work miner who wanted to add another event to his very successful 100 mile foot race. The director, Ken Clouber, has provided ultra athletes and excellent - very high altitude venue and has given the small struggling mining town a serious shot in the financial arm.
So, a small band of us – inspired by some of our old mate have traveled to Leadville Co. for the last 10 years. This year we have 5 racer – Mike Johnson, Doug Keiser, Kathleen Porter, Paul Meyermann and myself - and support and good times are going to be provided by our veteran crew of Chris Congdon, Amy Sweetness Jardon, Bill Allen and new to our crew are members of the Kim Pierce family.
????WHY ARE WE GOING????
I’ve been obsessed, gripped, drawn, compelled, absorb …. with this for 11 years. This year I could complete my 10th race – one year I crewed for Chris Congdon – and 10 is kind of a milestone and receives some special recognition. How could I pass up the plate size belt buckle?
And then there is my training partner – Kat. I consider her to be the most willing and adventurous bike racer that I’ve ever worked with. One day last year she said what do you think? And before I could offer any encouragement or reservations – she was going to Leadville. Sharing the LT 100 training, preparations, racing and hanging out with Kathleen has been a real pleasure and inspiration for me while training for the race  across the sky. So, why am I going back to the Leadville Trail 100 – I don’t really know. I just go.
Maybe my partners in this adventure can explain it.
John Adamson

I do not intend this series to be from me and about me - any contributions would be welcomed. John

No comments:

Post a Comment