Monday, September 21, 2015

FROM JEFF YIELDING



I asked Jeff about his Cross Race and a question about training for Cross Nationals.
His most excellent reply
Hi John, Yesterday was the last Cross race I'm promoting. It was a good 8 year run but I ready to move on. I do have one event I will keep doing in April, the Tour of Hermann Gravel Challenge.
Regarding fitness, my suggestion is to break away from the numbers and go by feel. I'm serious, I was tied to those numbers too and when I unhooked it was liberating. Ride hard, train hard and get good rest, the body will take care of the rest and you'll be as good as you can be.
Jeff was a good friend, training partner, team(Spokes) leader and an excellent race promoter.
A LINK TO HIS TEAM
I'll have a very difficult time giving up the numbers of Training Peaks.
We'll see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment