Saturday, May 10, 2008

Seven Oaks Mud fest

Seven Oaks Endurance MTB race. Well, let me tell ya there was a lot of this. Things got off to a slow start due to the 1/2 hr rain shower. This prompted things to be shortened up to 2 hrs & 4 hrs on a 2 mile circuit. Chris Congdon & I are the two Bike Tech'ers to show up and gut this thing out. Chris did the 2 hrs while I opted for the 4 hrs.
Chris having some fun and smiling.
Me before I got really muddy.

Chris & I did really well. There were 12 folks that towed the line. Check out the write up here for more details.....

Chris finished 3rd with 7 laps
Mike J finished 2nd with 15 laps.

I had a ton of fun despite the fact I had thrown in the towel while it was raining. Once I got going the course just took some time to get into shape. Lots of little climbs, I recommend riding here when the weather is good.

4 comments:

  1. Good job Mike and Chris. The Mud part of your race sent me road racing with Kat and Karen at the Conn event. I'm just not determined enough to suffer with all that mud. Good finish to both of you.
    Maybe we should form a team and join Mr. Blue and the guys at the 24 hour event.
    Congratulations.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to tow the line out there guys - mud, guts and glory - what great finishes for you guys!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 oaks is an awesome place! good job, guys!

    i'm with john on the mud.... you can have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mike about having a ton of fun! It probably wasn't good for the trails. It definately wasn't good for the bike. But there's something about getting completely filthy that's good for the soul. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete