Thursday, April 10, 2008

Llama Momma it was a cold one........




Ok, so there is an inside joke. I would have to say that Wed night was a night for the animals. We saw deer, dogs, an owl, peacock, more dogs, maybe a turkey, dogs and I think I saw a hawk. The other animal was Mike. Man can that guy lead a paceline. Thanks for the pull home Mike.

So, the night started out with Mike J, Chris C, Pete and myself. We headed up to the Scout Camp via pavement and gravel. Around the blacktop West to Janesville is where Pete turned around. The three of us pedaled on. What was suppose to be a 6mph wind felt like 16mph. Gravel was in pretty good condition though other than the teeth chattering potholes. We ended up at the main entrance to the camp and rode though on the gravel road until we ended up at the meadows area. We fought the barbed wire fence a little and then stumbled upon what must have been the largest dumping ground of dung that we had ever seen in our lives. I figured out rather quickly that only the really dark colored poop was the fresh stuff. the pale tan colored poop was from last season.

The travel home was a little nicer with the wind slightly to our backs but that is when the motor decided to make a really long hadrd fast pull out front. Mike it took all Chris and I had to hang on. We stayed together for quite a while until Mike lead Chris and I into a section of gravel that chipped three of Chris's teeth (call me Jeff S, we need some patching) and without my gum I would have chipped mine too. I quickly fell off the back right after Chris. Once we hit C.F. again things settled down for a nice stroll back to the shop. Chris had a total of 29.something miles.

Good times and a good workout with some great people. Thanks Guys!!

Captain.

3 comments:

  1. Please - don't click up there!!!
    Good riding and report. Is Pete on his new X ride?
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun too! That was a whole lot a shit!

    ReplyDelete